What is the Oakfield Project?
We offer each and every one of our students:
· An alternative to mainstream school, where you can still obtain qualifications but without all the daily obstacles that made your school life difficult… a second chance.
· A project that has time to spend with you and get to know you as an individual.
· Lessons that are designed around you and that you can enjoy and that fit your individual preferred style of learning.
· One to One time with a Key Mentor who can help you with whatever you may be struggling with.
· A place that you look forward to attending every single day and can help you achieve 100% attendance.
· A project where your voice counts, no matter what you say.
· A project where you are always made to feel included.
· Staff that understand where you are coming from.
· A place that is warm and friendly where you feel comfortable and able to turn up no matter what may have happened the night/day before.
We believe that at the Oakfield Project, we as a team, encourage our students’ preparation towards their future responsibilities, opportunities and expectations of adulthood and citizenship and help prepare them in their transition to the world of work or into further education or training